The Metrobus Little River Turnpike Line Study (en Español)
- Who is involved? The study is a partnership between Metro, Fairfax County, the City of Alexandria, and the City of Fairfax.
- What is being studied? Metrobus Routes 29K and 29N, the Alexandria-Fairfax Line; and Routes 29C-E-G-H-X, the Annandale Line.
- Where is the corridor located? It runs generally from the City of Fairfax and Fairfax County along Little River Turnpike through Annandale, and then onto Duke Street to Old Town Alexandria, or up I-395 to the Pentagon.
- Why was this corridor chosen for study? The 29 Lines have one of the highest riderships in northern Virginia, but the line has some service and operational issues that need to be evaluated and fixed to provide a better experience for riders. As the study progresses, specific challenges facing the line will be identified and potential solutions will be recommended.
- When will the study begin? Spring 2013. Metro and DDOT will study the line over a six-month period and they expect to have preliminary recommendations for improvements ready for Metro Board by late 2013.
- How will service on the line be improved? To answer this question, Metro is relying on input from riders. A survey of riders of the 29 Lines will be conducted with public meetings to follow in mid-2013. Please visit this page again in the coming months to learn more about the study as it progresses.
Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
Timetables & Maps
Metrobus Routes 29K and 29N (Alexandria-Fairfax Line)
Metrobus Routes 29C, 29E, 29G, 29H, and 29X (Annandale Line)
Map: Click for larger view.
Reports & Publications
• Display boards - October 2013 public meetings
• Display boards - August 2013 public meetings
We welcome suggestions and comments about the study; please send an e-mail to provide your comments on the "29 Lines" evaluation.
Or to speak with a member of the study team, please call 703-340-3105. Note: this telephone number is only for the discussion of studies in the Metrobus Priority Corridor Restructuring Series. If you have a question, suggestion, complaint, or commendation about Metrorail or other Metrobus lines, please call WMATA Customer Service at 202-637-1328.