Service Evaluation Studies: Purpose of the Pershing Drive-Arlington Boulevard Line Evaluation (en Español)
The purpose of this evaluation was to identify the strategic needs for program and facilities; review capacity, productivity, reliability, and quality of service indicators; and recommend changes that will improve service for Metrobus routes 4A, 4B, 4E, and 4H. In cooperation with Fairfax County and Arlington County, WMATA reviewed the "4 Line" to improve service efficiency and coverage. This involved examining overall performance with the aim of improving service reliability, frequency, crowding, travel time, bus stop amenities, and customer communications.
New! Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
The Metrobus Service Evaluation Study for the "4 Line" had three main components:
- Reviewing current transit operations and traffic conditions;
- Reaching out to stakeholders, transit riders, and members of the public;
- Developing recommendations and an implementation strategy.
The study team analyzed input it received from rider survey respondents and public meeting participants, and prepared a memo that incorporated the results of both.
Maps & Timetable
Metrobus 4 Line Timetable
Map: Click on icon for full-size.
Reports and Publications [June 2013]
- 4 Line, Final Summary Report
- 4 Line, Technical Memorandum 4, Recommendations
- 4 Line, Technical Memorandum 3, Public Involvement
- 4 Line, Technical Memorandum 2, Traffic Operations Assessment
- 4 Line, Technical Memorandum 1, Transit Assessment
- Display boards for March 2013 public meetings
The evaluation is now complete, and the recommendations will be submitted to the WMATA board for approval. But the project team still welcomes suggestions and questions about the 4 Line study; please send an e-mail to provide your comments on the "4 Line" evaluation.
Or to speak with a member of the study team, please call 703-340-3105. Note: this telephone number is only for the discussion of studies in the Metrobus Priority Corridor Restructuring Series. If you have a question, suggestion, complaint, or commendation about Metrorail or other Metrobus lines, please call WMATA Customer Service at 202-637-1328.