Service Evaluation Studies: Purpose of the Bowie Lines Evaluation (en Español)
The purpose of this evaluation is to identify the strategic needs for program and facilities; review capacity, productivity, reliability, and quality of service indicators; and recommend changes that will improve service for Metrobus routes B21, B22, B24, B25, B27, B29, and B31. In cooperation with Prince George's County, the City of Bowie, and the Maryland Department of Transportation, Metro is reviewing the "Bowie Lines" to improve service efficiency and coverage. This involved examining overall performance with the aim of improving service reliability, frequency, crowding, travel time, bus stop amenities, and customer communications.
Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
The Metrobus Service Evaluation Study for the "Bowie Lines" has three main components:
- Reviewing current transit operations and traffic conditions;
- Reaching out to stakeholders, transit riders, and members of the public;
- Developing recommendations and an implementation strategy.
The study team will analyze the input it receives from rider survey respondents and public meeting participants, and prepare a memo that incorporates the results of both.
Maps & Timetable
Metrobus timetables for the Bowie Lines:
- B21,22: Bowie State University Line
- B24,25: Bowie-Belair Line
- B27: Bowie-New Carrollton Line
- B29,31: Crofton-New Carrollton Line
Map: Click on icon for full-size.
Reports and Publications
• Summary Report
• Public Involvement
• Traffic Operations Assessment
• Transit Service Assessment
• Display Boards from the March 2013 public meetings
We welcome suggestions and comments about the study; please send an e-mail to provide your comments on the Bowie Lines evaluation.
Or to speak with a member of the study team, please call 703-340-3105. Note: this telephone number is only for the discussion of studies in the Metrobus Priority Corridor Restructuring Series. If you have a question, suggestion, complaint, or commendation about Metrorail or other Metrobus lines, please call WMATA Customer Service at 202-637-1328.