The Metrobus Rhode Island Avenue-Baltimore Avenue Line Study (en español)
- Who is involved? The study is a partnership between Metro, the District of Columbia Department of Transportation, the Maryland Department of Transportation, Prince George's County,
- What is being studied? The following Metrobus
G8: The Rhode Island Avenue Line, between Avondale (Eastern & Michigan Avenues) and Farragut Square (17th & Eye NW)
81, 82, 83, 86: The College Park Line, between Rhode Island Avenue Metro Station and Cherry Hill Park Campground (81, 83), Mt. Rainier (82), and Calverton (86)
84: The Rhode Island Avenue-New Carrollton Line (between Rhode Island Avenue and New Carrollton Metro Stations)
T18: The Annapolis Road Line, between Rhode Island Avenue Metro Station and Cherry Hill Park Campground)
- Why was this corridor chosen for study? Combined, these routes have one of the highest riderships in the Metrobus system, but the line has some service and operational issues that need to be evaluated and fixed to provide a better experience for riders. As the study progresses, specific challenges facing the line will be identified and potential solutions will be recommended.
- When did the study begin? June 2013. Metro and its agency partners will study the line over a seven-month period and they expect to have preliminary recommendations for improvements ready for Metro Board in early 2014.
- How will service on the line be improved? To answer this question, Metro is relying on input from riders. A survey of riders is being conducted in summer 2013 with public meetings to follow in summer and fall 2013. Please visit this page again in the coming months to learn more about the study as it progresses.
Follow @MetrobusStudies on Twitter
Timetables & Maps
G8: The Rhode Island Avenue Line
81, 82, 83, 86: The College Park Line
84: The Rhode Island Avenue-New Carrollton Line
T18: The Annapolis Road Line
Reports & Publications
• November 2013 - Display boards from the second round of public meetings (includes improvement options).
• September 2013 - Display boards from the first round of public meetings.
• March 2014 - Tech Memo #1 Transit Service Assessment
• March 2014 - Tech Memo #2 Rider Survey
• March 2014 - Tech Memo #3 Traffic Operations Assessment
• March 2014 - Tech Memo #4 Public Meeting Results
• March 2014 - Tech Memo #5 Final Recommendations
• April 2014 - Final Report
If you would like to contact the project team, please send an e-mail directly to them.